Soon


This blog is in desperate need of a redesign.

The floral background is cute, yes, but the blog's title just gets lost. The whole thing screams "ALTERED DEFAULT TEMPLATE!" As a girl who has designed her own website from scratch, the least I can do is make an attractive header that doesn't get lost in the background.

Soon.

In the meantime, I'd like to share some things I've been working on.

For my senior project, I've been creating a series of five children's book covers that employ illustrative type that is incorporated into the image in some way. I've chosen Black Beauty, Charlotte's Web, Mr. Popper's Penguins, James and the Giant Peach, and The Hobbit.


I've been working on a few of them at once so I only have one that is finalized, which is the Black Beauty cover above. Everything else is a work in progress, or just about finished! It's exciting to see the collection take shape, and it will be even more exciting when it is displayed alongside my classmates at the BFA Show opening on April 27!

Another thing I have been working on is a series of typographic posters based on three different musical albums. I'm finishing those up in the next few days, but I will give you a teaser.



The albums I chose were Join Us by They Might Be Giants (who I saw live last week and were amazing), Dog Problems by the Format (who sadly no longer exist as a band), and Ruth by Nana Grizol.

Will put up more as they come!

Soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Rochelle BaRoss is currently livin' the dream in Brooklyn, working as a Cold Weather Accessory Designer and dabbling in her love of all things illustration and design in her spare time.